I had been using the wsh (Windows Script Host) version of the file and executing it as a visual studio external tool, with the output going to the output window - which is fine except that after a while pressing Ctrl+G for each error got annoying. When it turned out I would be taking a train trip across France, it seemed the perfect opportunity to have a look at creating a Visual Studio 2010 plug-in.
Which JSLint can produce when creating it's reports. So a work-around for the time being is to pass a new object made up of errors and unused to my process data command.
Finally, I've added some unit tests to make sure it processed multiple files correctly with different options and then I added a command line application that can invoke JSLint over multiple files and recursively scan directories, which should make it easier for anyone wishing to use it in their build process.
Source code for library and executable are available here.
The next part will be to look at creating an extension in VS 2010.
Update: I've since seen an extension for 2010 which means I shall have to decide whether for the next post to integrate this work and some other enhancements I have in mind or I start a new project.